Sunday 30 December 2012


B & Q  -  You Can Do It Class


As it's important to understand how to use tools, especially power tools, correctly, when doing art projects . I enrolled myself on an Introduction to Power Tools course to give me the confidence to correctly use power tools. It was a fun experience and I would certainly do it again. For my first class I designed and made a shield.

 


What I achieved with making this shield was learning how to use the power/basic tools, and then create something afterwards.  I learnt what each power tool did and the health and safety rules for them. I found some of the tools interesting, but I was also very nervous in using those tools that could take your fingers/hand off in a split second - but I did it. I used every single tool available to create this shield. Beforehand, I had a go at making a couple of samples using each tool and learning how to use them properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment